top of page
Biotin, often known as vitamin B7, is a B vitamin engaged in a wide range of metabolic activities in both humans and other organisms. Biotin gets its name from the Greek word "bios" which mean life. Biotin may be found in a variety of foods, including eggs, milk, and bananas, and it aids in the conversion of carbs, lipids, and proteins in your diet into the energy you require. A lack of biotin can result in hair loss and a rash on the face. Biotin is a component of enzymes in the body that break down lipids, carbs, and other compounds.
Biotin is one of the most well-known vitamins for hair development that preserves and aids in the repair of hair that has been damaged by over-styling or harsh environmental conditions. Human hair loss has been linked to biotin deficiency and biotin is utilized as an alternate hair loss treatment, however it works best for people who are biotin deficient. Other B vitamins aid in the formation of red blood cells, which transport oxygen and nutrients to the hair follicles and scalp.
Biotin is a well-known supplement for brittle nails, and one study indicated that giving persons with brittle nails a biotin supplement for six months enhanced the total thickness of their nails by 25%.
Biotin helps your body generate energy when combined with the other B vitamins, and it also protects newborns from potentially deadly birth abnormalities. Furthermore, biotin appears to lower blood sugar in those with type 2 diabetes, and it may even help with the symptoms of multiple sclerosis, a disease that may be deadly and severe. Although most people receive enough biotin from a balanced diet, there have been suggestions that supplementing with additional biotin will help you control your blood sugar, promote good hair, skin, and nails, and even assist pregnant women have healthier infants.
Biotin is thought to play a vital role in the production of myelin, a material that coats and protects the components of your nervous system, according to researchers. Multiple sclerosis is a disease in which the myelin sheaths that surround the neurons are destroyed, resulting in nervous system breakdown and extreme discomfort. Biotin treatment alleviated symptoms in 90% of people with multiple sclerosis, according research. Biotin, like the other B vitamins, aids neurotransmitter activation, which keeps your nervous system running smoothly.
1. Uses third party independently tested ingredients that are made in the USA, GMP certified, and made in an FDA registered facility.
2. Uses high-quality nutraceuticals in an effective evidence-based and efficaciously dosed formula.
Other Formulas on the market
1. Source cheap ingredients from heavily polluted soils. Even “organic” supplements not third party tested have been removed by FDA due to high levels of heavy metals.
2. Uses cheap sources of nutraceuticals that contain high amounts of fillers, heavy metals, and in formulated without evidence-based dosages.
213. Mock DM. Biotin: From Nutrition to Therapeutics. J Nutr. 2017 Aug;147(8):1487-1492. doi: 10.3945/jn.116.238956. Epub 2017 Jul 12. PMID: 28701385; PMCID: PMC5525106.
214. Patel DP, Swink SM, Castelo-Soccio L. A Review of the Use of Biotin for Hair Loss. Skin Appendage Disord. 2017 Aug;3(3):166-169. doi: 10.1159/000462981. Epub 2017 Apr 27. PMID: 28879195; PMCID: PMC5582478.
701. Kennedy DO. B Vitamins and the Brain: Mechanisms, Dose and Efficacy--A Review. Nutrients. 2016 Jan 27;8(2):68. doi: 10.3390/nu8020068. PMID: 26828517; PMCID: PMC4772032.
702. Turgut M, Cinar V, Pala R, Tuzcu M, Orhan C, Telceken H, Sahin N, Deeh PBD, Komorowski JR, Sahin K. Biotin and chromium histidinate improve glucose metabolism and proteins expression levels of IRS-1, PPAR-γ, and NF-κB in exercise-trained rats. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2018 Sep 15;15(1):45.
bottom of page